Try our famous Instant Bikaneri Gatte with this delicious curry:
1. Boil the gattas for 4-5 mins and then leave them covered for 15 mins.
Recipe-1. Heat 3 tbsp oil in a pan.
2. Add asafetida and cumin seeds to it.
3. When it begins to crackle add the onion, ginger garlic paste.
4. Saute the onion paste till light brown in color.
5. Add chili powder, turmeric powder, coriander powder, and garam masala along with the boiled water in which gatta has been boiled.
6. Cook for another 3-4 minutes.
7. Now lower the heat and slowly add the whisked curd.
8. Stir well and stir continuously till it comes to a boil.
9. Once you see the oil coming up to the surface add the cut gatta pieces(boiled), salt, green chili and fenugreek leaves.
10. Now Let the curry cook on medium-low heat for 10-12 minutes for the flavors to savour.
11. Stir occasionally.
12. Transfer the curry to a serving dish and garnish it with chopped green chilies.
13. Serve hot with rice or flatbread as you prefer.